Come rain, hail or shine, nothing beats a creamy salad with tender lamb. It’s the perfect choice for a family BBQ or simple dinner – light and tasty but substantial enough to satisfy everyone!
Warm Lamb, Pumpkin & Pomegranate Salad with Mint Yoghurt Dressing
- Serves 4
- 15 minute prep time
- 40 minutes cooking time
- 453 calories per serve
- 360g pumpkin cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 eggplants (600g approx), cut into 2cm pieces
- 2g olive oil spray
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1/2 cup natural low-fat Greek yoghurt
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 700g lamb loin fillet
- 130g canned lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 large cucumber, chopped
- 1 pomegranate (120g), seeds extracted
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place pumpkin and eggplant onto prepared tray. Spray with oil, and bake for 30 minutes or until tender and lightly golden.
- Meanwhile, finely chop half the mint, and coarsely tear remaining mint leaves.
- Combine yoghurt, garlic, finely chopped mint and 1 tablespoon of water in a small bowl. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. Spray lamb with oil and season with pepper. Cook for 4-5 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate, cover loosely with foil and set aside for 2 minutes to rest. Thinly slice.
- Place lentils, cucumber, pomegranate seeds, parsley, remaining mint and warm pumpkin and eggplant into a large bowl. Season with pepper and toss gently to combine.
- Divide between serving plates and top with lamb. Drizzle with yoghurt dressing.
- To extract the pomegranate seeds, cut the pomegranate in half again and then submerge in a large bowl of water (this is to avoid the juice splattering). Use your hands to break open the fruit and pull out the seeds, discarding the white membrane. Scoop the seeds from the water.
- If pomegranate is unavailable, replace with 1 tablespoon of craisins (dried cranberries) or currants. Adjust calories accordingly.
For more delicious recipes like this, check out my 12WBT! Click here to find out more.