Creamy, luxurious and with a hint of heat? Yes please! Here’s 12WBT’s famous Penang Chicken recipe.
Penang Chicken Curry
- 6 Serves
- 35 min prep time
- 10 min cooking
- 297 calories per serve
- 1 tablespoons red curry paste (20g)
- 800g raw, lean chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 x 400g cans light coconut flavoured evaporated milk (400g)
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce (10g)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (40g)
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter (40g)
- 250g broccoli, cut into florets
- 150g snow peas
1. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
2. Add the curry paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the chicken and stir to coat in the paste. Add the coconut milk and cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes (don’t let the mixture boil).
3. Add the fish sauce, sugar and peanut butter. Stir until smooth. Simmer gently for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through (don’t allow the sauce to boil or it will separate).
4. Meanwhile, cook the broccoli and snow peas in steamer set over a saucepan of simmering water for 2-3 minutes or until tender crisp.
5. Divide the chicken, sauce and vegetables among serving plates.