French Toast with Banana, Berries & Maple Syrup (Serves 2)
- 1 cage free egg
- 1/4 cups low-fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 pinches ground cinnamon
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1/2 cups mixed berries, thawed if frozen
- 2 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup, warmed
- Whisk egg, milk, vanilla and cinnamon in a shallow dish. Soak 1 slice of bread at a time in egg mixture, turning to coat, for about 30 seconds each. Repeat until bread has absorbed mixture.
- Melt half the margarine in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook 1 slice of soaked bread for about 2 minutes each side, until golden brown and set in the center. Repeat with remaining margarine and bread.
- Divide between 2 plates. Top with banana, berries and syrup, and serve.
- Maple syrup is so much better warm! Don’t skip warming it up for about 10 seconds in the microwave.
- To thaw berries, place in a single layer on a plate lined with paper towel and refrigerate overnight. Alternatively, thaw in the microwave for 30 seconds.
For over 900 delish recipes like this, sign-up to 12WBT! Our June round kicks off on June 13 – don’t miss out!
What Our Members Think…
Hi Tanya Paolucci, I have just joined the March 2016, 6 weeks pre season 12WBT program. I had sent an email to support crew for advice on nutrition. I am not able to eat dairy products, and eggs ( eggs which I forgot to mention in previous email.)
Didn’t see vegan menu in program and vegetarian menu had dairy or eggs included. Would love to get some advice regarding this.
Hi Tuara – You are right, there isn’t a specific Vegan or Vegetarian menu. However, the beauty of the program is that you can use the ‘Customise Plan’ feature to suit your dietary requirements. As the Meal Plans go live each Thursday, go through your meals to customise them by making sure you don’t have anything dairy or egg-related.
If you need further support, please email our Support Crew as they are always happy to help in any way – firstname.lastname@example.org
All the best with it Tuara 🙂
12WBT Support Crew