FEIJAO is practically the national dish of Brazil so we couldn’t pass up the opportunity to give it the 12WBT treatment. This vegetarian version is much lighter, very quick and easy, and it will freeze well.
- 25g Rice
- 1g Olive Oil Spray
- 30g Quorn Sausages, halved lengthways & thinly sliced
- 1/2 Onion (73g), finely chopped
- 1/2 Carrot (31g), diced
- 1 Cloves Garlic (3g), crushed
- 1/2 X 400g cans Diced Tomato (200g)
- 1 Pinches Chilli Powder (0.5g)
- 1/4 Cups Canned Black Beans (45g), rinsed & drained
- 1/2 Orange (75g), cut into segments
- 1/2 Tomato (84g), cut into wedges
- 1 Tablespoons Fresh Coriander (3g), chopped
- Cook rice in a saucepan of boiling water for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, spray a deep non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium heat. Add sausage and cook, stirring often, for 2-3 minutes or until lightly golden. Transfer to a plate.
- Remove pan from heat and spray again with oil. Return to medium heat. Add onion, carrot and garlic and cook, stirring often, for 2-3 minutes or until soft. Add sausage, tomatoes, chilli and 3 tablespoons (60ml) water. Simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in beans and season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Place bean mixture on plate. Serve with rice and combined orange and tomato, sprinkled with coriander.
FOR MORE 12WBT RECIPES HEAD TO WWW.12WBT.COM